Kafoury, Armstrong, & Co. – An Example of Biophilic Interior Design
Biophilic Interior Design
Biophilic interior design is an approach to interior design that utilizes natural elements to create a more calming and inviting environment. This type of design is based on the idea that humans have an inherent connection with nature and that incorporating elements of nature into a space can have a positive effect on mental and physical wellbeing.
Staff and Customers Benefit
For businesses, biophilic interior design can have a positive impact on staff and customers. For staff, this type of design can help create a more productive and stress-free work environment. The presence of natural elements like plants and natural lighting can help reduce stress levels, which can improve productivity and overall job satisfaction. For customers, biophilic interior design can create a more welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. This type of design can also promote a sense of connection with nature, which can help customers feel more relaxed and at ease.
Overall, biophilic interior design can be a beneficial addition to any space. By incorporating natural elements in an intentional and creative way, businesses can create a more inviting and calming atmosphere that can have a positive impact on both staff and customers.
Biophilic Design Examples
Some examples of biophilic design include:
- Incorporating plants and natural elements into the design of the space, such as living walls, green surfaces, and natural textiles.
- Utilizing natural materials, such as wood, stone, and bamboo.
- Incorporating natural lighting, such as skylights and windows.
- Incorporating views of nature into the space, such as pictures of nature or windows with views of the outdoors.
- Creating an indoor fountain or other water feature.
- Using shapes and patterns found in nature, such as curved lines, spiral patterns, and fractals.
- Utilizing natural colors, such as greens, blues, and browns.
About the Kafoury, Armstrong, & Co. Project
In 2014, Marie Wikoff of Wikoff Design Studio completed a design project for Kafoury, Armstrong, & Co, a public accounting firm in Reno, Nevada. She oversaw:
- Interior Design
- Construction Documents
- Lighting Design
- Furniture Specifications
- Construction Administration
General Contractor: Truckee Meadows Construction
See more photos from the project.
Marie Wikoff is the creator of Wikoff Design Studio based out of Reno, Nevada. Her expertise in healthcare design has helped modernize healthcare organizations locally, regionally, and internationally, improving patient experience and outcomes. Her credentials include Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC), American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designer (CHID), the National Council of Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) and LEED AP. Contact Marie Wikoff