Healthcare Designers like windows because they offer healing daylight, views and they help create a warm, welcoming environment. However, the reality is that some hospital rooms don’t have windows because of how they are situated or because the operating equipment won’t allow it. Whatever the case, you can design without a window using Sky Factory products. In fact, nine of the top ten hospitals ranked in the 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report feature Sky Factory installations.
Elevate the Care Experience
The virtual skylights and windows create a therapeutic, healing and inspiring environment for patients and staff. Such experience engages and relaxes patients, dramatically altering clinical interiors and facilitating medical treatments and procedures.
I have used Sky Factory products in many of my designs. Here is what I love about them:
- Enhanced illusion of an architectural skylight
- Dramatically and affordably transforms interior spaces
- Profound biophilic engagement with Sky Factory’s Open Skies Image Technology™
- Increased relaxation and psycho-physiological restoration – direct result of enhanced biophilic engagement
- Supports large image panels up to 4′ x 6′, plus custom sizes (i.e. 3′ x 6′)
- Unique and proprietary mega-format digital images
- Image recessed with angled reveal
- Independent, modular system works with or without ceiling grid
- Flexible custom sizing
- Simple installation
- Optional integrated dimmable LED lighting
A room with a view is the single most restorative feature any environment of care can offer.
Marie Wikoff is the creator of Wikoff Design Studio based out of Reno, Nevada. Her expertise in healthcare design has helped develop