In Healthcare, seating is mostly used in waiting areas. The expectations of waiting room furniture for a healthcare environment have grown and manufacturers are doing a great job producing options that check all the boxes.
Today, healthcare designers look to furniture to define a space, create comfortable environments for many types of visitors and stand up harsh chemical cleaners. Carefully curated furniture is in high demand as it offers a variety of options and experiences and can minimize potentials stressors. Designers are looking for furniture that checks off many of the boxes needed today.
Products Must Meet the Following Needs:
- Safety and durability requirements
- Flexible dimensions that can be rearranged to create open and private spaces
- Many colors and textures available including vibrant options that can have a visual impact and muted tones to set a quiet, reflective mood in a space
- Variety of sizes to ensure comfort for a wide range of users
- High back chairs available to create visual privacy and block sound
- Seats must contain one arm and firm cushions to aid patients in standing
- Chairs must be able to meet necessary weight requirements to allow an adult and child to sit together and support bariatric patients and visitors
As healthcare design models evolve, the expectation of the building’s users also evolve. Designers continue to look to furniture manufactures to answer the needs of the ever-changing healthcare environment.