Every year, Healthcare Design Magazine (HCD) showcases the best hospital designs. They have announced the winners of the Merit Awards. Here is a look at the winning projects:
Award of Merit:
- Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM) (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), submitted by CannonDesign and NEUF Architect(e)s
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Chicago), submitted by HDR and Gensler
- Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) (Kawana, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia), submitted by HDR and Architectus Brisbane
- University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa), submitted by CBRE | Heery
Shown in the photo is the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. The new design creates a healing environment that improves the health and well-being of children and their families. Plans include expanding existing programs and developing new services on-site and throughout Iowa to meet the current and future needs of Iowa’s children.
- Shandi Matambanadzo. “Meet The Winners Of Healthcare Design’s 2018 Design Showcase.” HCD Magazine, 8 June 2018, www.healthcaredesignmagazine.com/news/hcd-names-winners-finalists-of-2018-design-showcase/.
- “University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital.” University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital, uichildrens.org/.